PSI Upsilon was founded in 1833 at Union College. The diamond shaped badge features a golden rope border around a raised black field. The black field is wonderfully accented by a yellow gold PSI at the top, Upsilon at the bottom, and in the center is 2 clasped hands. The black enameling has a rich bold color and is fully intact. The badge secures with a locking bar clasp, engraved Ellesworth E. Rose.